I'm really tired of talking about things that happened way in the past, so I'm just going to summarise up to there, then I'll actually be in the present and be able to write about things as they happen. Seems pretty exciting. After Christchurch, I took a bus up to Methven, and skiied and did other things. The skiing was pretty great on the first day, and I got to hit up some really cool shit. They're called the towers, and they were rather terrifying. The second day of skiing was cut a bit short, because I kind of sort of ate shit really hard. I fell probably halfway down the mountain after losing both of my skis. Was kind of terrifying, but I'm still in one piece so no worries.
The only other thing of note from Methven was Saturday night. Apparently once a year the Brown Pub (the other is the Blue Pub, great names) has a very kiwi party.
And by "kiwi party" I mean, they get a bunch of sheep shearers together, and have a speed shearing competition. It was kind of strange. And what made it even more strange was the Aussie who insisted on making sheep fucking jokes every ten to fifteen seconds. Most of them were pretty funny, but you know. Shit gets a little old, pretty quickly.
That was pretty much the end of my New Zealand trip. New Zealand was awesome, and I hope I can go back some time. Odds are I won't, because it's kind of far as shit away. But you know, maybe while I'm still in Australia.
After that, I made my way to Sydney. It was like the 10th of July. That seems like it was maybe a week ago, but it's been almost four weeks since I've gotten here. That's so weird. The first week and a half I didn't really do much. My roommate Yasmine (Jasmine?) and I wandered around Sydney for a full afternoon. Saw a bunch of cool shit including Darling Harbour, the Harbour Bridge, and a beautifully illuminated at dusk Sydney Opera House. And I kind of wandered around campus a bit. Slept a lot. Then the rest of my roommates started showing up.
Yasmine is from Mexico City. Bas is from The Nederlands, but not the Holland region. Apparently there is a difference. Co Co is from Germany. Somewhere in Bavaria. It's a pretty cool mixture of people. I haven't met a ton of Aussies yet, but I've met a few. I'm well on my way.
There have a been a few social events for all of the international students, but the best one by far was the cruise. We got to wander around the harbours for like three and a half hours, and there was a huge boat with free pizza and a dance floor. And I was wearing nothing but a speedo and a Colorado flag. Good times were had. Classes have now started, and not much else of note has happened. I'm sure there will be things that are interesting, like everyday life, that I will actually start writing about since I'm back up to date. Kind of screamed through this post, and I may go back later and write about some of this stuff. But for now, I'm up to date with the present. Hip hip hooray.
G'day.
Friday, August 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment