Monday, October 15, 2012

Why I'm not voting for Obama

I'm not going to vote for Barack Obama on November 6, 2012. As of today, October 16, Obama has a 52.5% chance of winning Colorado. As of yesterday, it was a 50.3%  chance of a Romney win in Colorado. So, it's entirely a toss-up in Colorado. But, regardless of whether Obama or Romney win, Colorado only has a 7% chance of being the state that pushes the election over the top.

And regardless, Obama has a 66 percent chance of winning the election, even after his shitty Presidential debate and the toss-up VP debate. This is all from the Five Thirty Eight Blog over on NYTimes. Really love what he's doing, and would love to do something like that some day.

There is my case as to why it is okay for me to not vote for Obama, even though I'm in a swing state, and even though it's such a tight election. If I lived in Ohio, you bet I'd be voting for Obama.

Given the case, I feel comfortable voting for my values, instead of trying to pick the least bad evil guy to put in office.

And yes, Obama and Romney are pretty much both terrible people for various reasons. I'm pretty sure lots of people have seen lots of reasons why Romney is a bad person who won't do anything to help our country's future, so I'll spare you that. The common arguments are pretty much my arguments, but I'll add in that I am fairly certain that Mitt Romney is an android. For real. Human beings cannot be that unlikable.

So, Obama. in 2008, I would have loved to vote for him for President. He was actually somewhat liberal, as far as American politics goes. And then, he was elected and shot straight back to the center-right, along with everyone else alive in the US, evidently. He had lots of awesome campaign promises, varying from "universal" health care in the form of a public option to buy into Medicare to ending wars to closing the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.

So, how'd that work out? In Obama's original proposal to Congress, with a majority in both the House and the Senate, there was no public option. Lucky for us, we were offered a mandate to buy health care. Did it sound familiar? Well, it should have, because it is exactly what Governor Romney enacted in Massachusetts. And it is an idea that was originally suggested by The Heritage Foundation. Because, they are an extremely liberal think tank who all Democrats should take ideas from, am I right?

So, Obama gave us shitty, conservative health care reform that very nearly got overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States because his appointed AG also sucks balls at life. Change!

To his credit, Obama does have plans to withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan. Good on him, ending wars eventually. Unfortunately, Obama has decided to replace war with absolute, unilateral executive power to assassinate or capture whoever the fuck he sees fit.

Wait, what? First, let's look at the 2011 National Defence Authorization act that our lovely President signed into law during the holidays next year so no one would get super pissed. Surprise, no one did. What did that bill entail? Oh you know, the ability for our military to detain an American citizen on American soil indefinitely without charges.

I'm sure you think I'm making this up, because no one is that fucking insane, right? Wrong.

Fuck yeah! Why not give the government even more power. But, wait, Obama promised he wouldn't use that power that he can now legally enact. Trust him! Never mind any other president in the future who might just want to abuse that innocuous line. Besides, Obama is a peaceful dude, right?

Ha. Ha ha ha ha. Yeah, right. Might I introduce you to The Lethal Presidency of Barack Obama. You really need to read this, because it is absolutely fucking insane. Some choice quotes from this article.

"the machinations required to put a citizen on a kill list were due process; that a citizen's presence on a kill list was itself proof that due process had been afforded."

"This doesn't necessarily mean that you are killing instead of capturing — "that's not even the right question," says the former administration official, who is familiar with the targeting process. "It's not at all clear that we'd be sending our people into Yemen to capture the people we're targeting. But it's not at all clear that we'd be targeting them if the technology wasn't so advanced. What's happening is that we're using the technology to target people we never would have bothered to capture.""

Yeah, cool guy, Obama.

And that's just a few campaign promises he hasn't upheld. There's way more. He was Wall Streets puppet and took so fucking much money from banks who fucked up our economy, and then hired the same people who fucked it up to staff his Presidency. Good work!

He doesn't give half a fuck about campaign finance reform, because he makes shit tons of money "fundraising." AKA, taking money for chances to get the door with him. That's cool!
Such a cool guy. Glad he's gonna be our president.

No comments:

Post a Comment