Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Your Brain On Drugs

I found Nemo!
So, September happened. I had a bunch of fun, went up to Cairns, and had class and stuff. Writing about my life got kind of boring, so yeah. If there are any interesting stories, I'll start writing them here. Most all of you have heard my wonderful skateboard story, so there's no need to post it here. It's a classic though.

In other news, it's already October. Or, should I say, Ocsober. I'm staying entirely sober this month (wow, what a challenge...). But, it's for a good reason. I'm attempting to raise money, quite unsuccessfully, but you know. It goes to help educate Aussie youth about drug and alcohol awareness/proper use. So that's cool. Here's a link to my page that has another blog on it. Yeah, metablogging. http://fundraise.ocsober.com.au/jay_nogami

Anyhow, it was my roommate's birthday yesterday, and Tuesday night/Wednesday morning we went out, and a jolly good time was had playing trivia and going to a really weird Irish pub. I'll debrief on that next week, but there's lots of lovely dancing and an Aussie in a USMC shirt that was trying to gobble up Asians. This weekend is a birthday bash for like four people. Should be legit. AND, someone I know here has a homebrew all bottled up, so I'm gonna try to get myself a bottle of that so I can sample it in November. Should be a blast.

I leave you with various pictures of recent parties, and a poem.

Pretty Much


Anything But Clothes. Yeah, I have sexy nipples


Conception Day!

Your Brain on Drugs

The edict that defined my demise
Was not my death sentence as I had hoped;
It merely saved my life.
It nearly ended my plight.

Digging deeper into the serum that rots my brain
Reveals masses, huddled, cold.
Eerily alone
They see the Joy of their futures.
But their present is lacking.
Substance, sustenance, everything fails me now.

Whenever my mind drifts to my mind
The metamorphosis reverses.
What progress was had dies to the
Meta thoughts of my metal brain.
The echoes haunt me, betrayed by the cowering cells.
Failing to fire.

If you’re all here, why are you silent?

No comments:

Post a Comment